KyberSwap has stated that it will continue to cooperate with law enforcement and cybersecurity experts to recover user funds and track down the perpetrators of the attack.
The KyberSwap team has recovered approximately $5.7 million after last week’s $47 million hack on KyberSwap liquidity pools on Polygon and Avalanche. The company announced that it has negotiated a return of 90% of the user funds, with the remaining 10% serving as a bounty for the hackers.
“The KyberSwap team has been in contact with the owners of the frontrun bots that extracted about $5.7M* worth of funds from KyberSwap pools on Polygon and Avalanche during the exploit. We have negotiated with the owners of the frontrun bots to return 90% of the users’ funds taken by them […] in return for a 10% bounty,” the post